Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sweet Paris

From Blog Pix


Had an amazing time in Paris: art, culture, friends, shopping, eating, research and inspiration. All in one! I stayed with a friend, Jim Haynes at his wonderful atelier in Alesia and of course attended his famous Sunday dinner. In case you havent seen him in the Guardian or heard him on the radio, every Sunday Jim hosts a diner party for friend, allies and anyone else who fancies a night in with Paris' finest. Find him online at www.jim-haynes.com or give him a call at +33 143271767 and have a chat.

From Blog Pix


From Blog Pix


From Blog Pix


Went to the David LaChapelle exhibition with Adeline (http://lookbook.nu/user/4739-Adeline-R). My expectations were quite low so I was presently surprised. I love the large format, glossy, high contrast imagery and when taken at face value it is fun and hot. The only issue I had with the exhibition was the need for the curator to force spiritual, political and intellectual ideals on celebrity based ‘art’. What came first: the celebrity or the LaChapelle?

From Blog Pix


From Blog Pix


From Blog Pix


While doing some research on design schools I bumped into Margaux and Julian. They are the coolest kids in Paris, so kind and great to hang out with. Cheers Guys!!! x

From Blog Pix


So I took about 2000 photos while I was away...but its taken me about 6 hours to upload only a fraction to Flickr. Let the pictures tell the story.

Check out my Flickr:
www.flickr.com/photos/jonnykarma


Thank you Paris. X


Theme of the trip: Friendly Fires - Paris

No comments: